Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam (HSEE) is conducted by IIT Madras to shortlist aspirants for admission in five year integrated Master of Arts (MA) programme offered by the college. The first two years of the MA programme offered at IIT Madras are the same. However, after that the course branches into two streams – Integrated MA in Development Studies and Integrated MA in English Studies. Total number of seats on offer in IIT Madras’s
MA course are 46 (each year).
HSEE is extremely competitive and out of the total number of students who appear for HSEE, only 2% are shortlisted for admission.
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted
by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
HSEE Syllabus is as follows:
• Part 1- English – 25%, Analytical and Quantitative ability – 25%, General
• Part 2- General Essay
❖ Duration: 3 hrs
❖ No. of questions: 144
❖ Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions & Descriptive Essay
|EXAM||DATE OF NOTIFICATION||DATE OF EXAM||DATE OF RESULT||STAGE|
|HSEE||Dec End||April Start||May 2020 End||Objective & Essay|